"Luxuries" or extras would include:
- Medical (including holistic methods)
- Safety and personal security
- Financial security
- Education of your children
- Make sure you get plenty of sleep. Homesteading, when done full-tilt, is not for people who like to sleep in late or who get drunk all the time. Running a tractor when you partied all night isn't safe or smart.
- Social and network and friendship. Humans need belonging and acceptance. Meet your neighbors and get to know them. Find peers that share the same interests.
- Don't ignore the need for intimacy.
- We all need to be respected, which in turn, gives us self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Keep your needs, and those of your family, in the forefront. What do you want? What do you need? How can you reach your potential and self-actualization?
So ... a previous posting on this blog asked you to make your plan. Did you? What about your list of priorities? So... are you ready?
Here we go!